• Working with a client experiencing physical and emotional pain during the session.
• How we acknowledge and incorporate the client’s painful current reality:- her body is in pain (C2, C8, C51)• Some ways to respond when a client answers “I don’t know” (C45, C49, C57) to a question.
- she can “lose control over the world” (C18)
- a “dark cloud comes” (C39)
- she “cannot do anything about circumstances” (C45)
- and is living with a painful dilemma (C47).
• How we make use of a number of varieties of the “And when … what would you like to have happen?” question (J1, P22, J44, J46, J48, J50).
• That even with the ongoing suffering, a valuable resource metaphor and several perspective-changing realisations can emerge.
Download: From Pain to Calm Clear Sky.pdf
All information on this web site (unless otherwise stated) is Copyright © 1997- Penny Tompkins and James Lawley of The Developing Company. All rights reserved. You may reproduce and disseminate any of our copyrighted information for personal use only providing the original source is clearly identified. If you wish to use the material for any other reason, please get in touch via our Contact Form